RENTING IN NEW ORLEANS
Looking for a rental in New Orleans? We can help with that! No matter how long your stay in New Orleans is, we want to help find the perfect home for you (and your budget).
New Orleans offers rentals in almost every one of its unique neighborhoods, and they definitely come in all shapes + sizes! Let us know what your particular needs are for your next home, and one of our experienced agents can guide you in the search.
What do you need to apply for a New Orleans rental?
- Valid ID
- Verifiable employment/income (some property management companies and/or landlords will ask for a copy of your most recent paystub)
- 2 months of rent – one for the deposit, one to pay the first month upfront
- Application fees average about $30-$35 per occupant. Be sure that you like a place before completing an app because those fees are not refundable.
Things to tell your agent
- Do you have a pet? It’s important for your agent to know because not all rentals are pet-friendly. Have a photo of your pet handy, because it’s becoming more common for landlords to ask for one. Sometimes, they even want to meet your pet before agreeing to accept your application. It’s important for them to know what animals will be occupying the space.
- Do you have a service animal? While it’s not the same as a pet, your potential landlord needs to know about it. We need to know too, in order to protect your rights!
- Do you need a furnished rental? Those are a little harder to find and will definitely be more expensive, so the more lead time we get on finding you a place, the better.
- Are you searching for a long-term (12 months or more) or short-term lease?
- Do you have credit problems in your past? If you know that your credit score is low, tell your agent ahead of time. Some landlords will overlook a poor credit history depending on the circumstances, but if it’s simply you don’t pay bills on time, it’s going to be difficult to get you into any property listed with an agent. In those cases, we recommend private rentals handled directly with a landlord who may not pull a credit bureau.
BENEFITS OF AN AGENT WHEN RENTING IN NEW ORLEANS
Having an agent to advocate for you as a tenant can make your next move a breeze! Your Crescent City Living agent will pull listings that meet your specific needs, tour available properties with you, and review your lease agreement for any potential surprises.
Found a New Orleans rental on Craigslist? We can help with that, too. Finding your next home to rent should not involve any potential scams. Let us find out more information regarding that rental, and we can navigate the process for you.